Question

RCaller Returning Empty Columns

• 8 January 2019
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi All,

I am attempting to use the RCaller to interpolate barometric pressures in water loggers from a set of data taken from a barometric logger in the project site. The R script I am using works in RStudio when I run it and returns correct results, and it runs without throwing an error in FME however the values calculated (interpolated barometric pressure) are <null> when they are taken out of the RCaller into FME.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

-Jack

4 replies

Badge +2

@jecollins Make sure you are converting the results of your R analysis into a data frame for the fmeOutput. Only a data frame objects are passed back to FME. This article might help - RCaller: Ins and outs of using R in FME and the section on Getting Results Out of R... There are also links to Tutorial: Getting Started with the RCaller

Badge

@jecollins Make sure you are converting the results of your R analysis into a data frame for the fmeOutput. Only a data frame objects are passed back to FME. This article might help - RCaller: Ins and outs of using R in FME and the section on Getting Results Out of R... There are also links to Tutorial: Getting Started with the RCaller

Hi Mark, Thanks for that. My script already has the data frame conversion, the image of the transformer appears to have not come through in the original question though.

Thanks

-Jack

Badge +2

Hi Mark, Thanks for that. My script already has the data frame conversion, the image of the transformer appears to have not come through in the original question though.

Thanks

-Jack

@jecollins I wonder if writing back to a data frame (Joined) that you have used as an input might cause problems. Perhaps try outputting to a different data frame. If that doesn't work then please send a sample workspace and data to support: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ You could use a Recorder transformer just before the RCaller to save the data that is entering the analysis.

Badge

Yeah, that was an idea I tried too, but it didn't help. As it returns <null> rather than <missing> I wasn't surprised it didn't help. I've sent a copy of the data in to be looked at, I'll update here if there is a resolution.