Question

"The number of points is less than required for feature'

• 26 February 2014
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Been experiencing an issue with a workspace since upgrading to 2013, well, last year. The workspace writes a series of 3D lines and another set of points based on a python script. We've been using the same script since 2009, and as far as I can tell the issue is not there but when the feature classes it creates are inserted into the SDE.

Here's the weird part; the entire workspace runs just fine in 2011. It writes without issue to the SDE, which is ArcSDE 10 but the way. When the same workspace is run in th 2013 SP4, I get an ArcObjects error, '-2147215975', or, as the topic states, "The number of points is less than required for feature.'

Any ideas how I can get 2013 to handle the features whatever way ti was handling them before in 2011? Well, other than what I've been doing and just running it in 2011 when it fails.

I've already tried GeometryFilter and geometryValidator, with both validating features that then throw that error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Hi,

a couple of things to try:
  1. Set an inspection point and intercept the problematic feature just before the writer. Carefully inspect the geometry
  2. On the writer, enable "Dump failed features to file" (in the Navigator) and save to an FFS file. You can then inspect the features using the FME Data Inspector or integrate them into a separate workspace.
David