Solved

How can I create multiple tabs in an Excel Spreadsheet

• 4 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Dear All, I am new to FME and have little experience but I am stuck on the below and hoping somebody will be able to point me in the right direction.

Firstly, I have about 14 geo-database datasets that I am running through a clipper (for a particular boundary) and a number of other transformers before writing into an XLS. I want to find out which datasets apply to my area and produce a spreadsheet with multiple tabs, one for each dataset.

Secondly I want to know how to select only certain attributes from the applicable layer in the geo-database.

I would be greatful for any help offered.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 4 January 2016, 19:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

If your goal is to create multiple worksheets for each source dataset, add an attribute that holds desired destination worksheet name to every feature and set it to the destination feature type name (i.e. worksheet name). In the Excel writer feature type properties dialog, you can set the attribute to the "Sheet Name" field. See also here: Setting Feature Type Fanout

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Tabs in the Excel output are featuretypes on the Excel Writer.

So Either you define multiple writer featuretypes (by using the Add Featuretype from the Writer menu after creating the writer, or you use the Featuretype Fanout on the Featutetypeproperties dialog.