Solved

Is there an alternative way of meeting the last requirement of the Professional Certification?

• 27 April 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

So the last requirement for the professional certification states:

Once you’ve completed the exam and have a grade of 75% or higher, you are ready to submit your application. Before submitting your application, please review the sample documentation. Your application must include:
  • 2-3 workspaces from projects which conform to FME best practices as outlined in FME Desktop Basic Best Practice section. Your sample projects should demonstrate an advanced level of FME expertise. Any related files or information should be provided just as if you were delivering a solution to a client.
  • Source data or output data is not required for your sample projects.
  • Workspace documentation in a PDF, Word document, or Text file. Here is an example of workspace documentation
  • References from 2 clients whose projects you’ve been involved with within the last two years.
  • All parts of your application must be in English with the exception of your workspaces.

At the moment, I'm only using FME that comes shipped as the Interoperability extension in ArcGIS Pro, which i have gained through my ArcGIS home license.

An alternative way I wish to propose would be to consult with a GIS consultant (who works at my company's head office) and ask him if there was a job that he previously worked on and I can reproduce using FME?

icon

Best answer by david_r 28 April 2020, 09:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Personally I believe that the criteria is there for a good reason, however I ultimately believe this is a question only Safe's certification team can answer. Try contacting them on fmecertifications (at) safe.com