Question

Pair all objects in aggregates/multipoints

Badge

Hi,

I have a file with a 10 points where I need to combine all points to multipoints. It shall produce 100 multipoints and each object should contain 2 points(one combination) .

Its more or less a simple cross join without a database. I can produce all the points with unconditional merging in the feature merger but cant figure out how to aggregate them pairwise. The Featurejoiner will do the jobb but it doesnt allow me to keep the attributes

Anyone have an idea?

2 replies

Badge +10
  • Use a geometryextractor to store the geometry prior to the unconditional featuremerge.
  • Build a list in the featuremerger
  • Explode the list to get your 100 features choosing to prefix the list attribute.
  • Give each point an id with a counter, and send into aggregator
  • In parallel replace the geometry with the geometry stored in the attribute and send that into the aggregator too. Group on the id you created with the counter

Badge
  • Use a geometryextractor to store the geometry prior to the unconditional featuremerge.
  • Build a list in the featuremerger
  • Explode the list to get your 100 features choosing to prefix the list attribute.
  • Give each point an id with a counter, and send into aggregator
  • In parallel replace the geometry with the geometry stored in the attribute and send that into the aggregator too. Group on the id you created with the counter

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!