Question

FME Edition required for Utility Network Migration

• 4 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello -

I just downloaded the ESRI Utility Network migration sample from www.esriurl.com/gasmigration and tried to run the workbench. I received the error:

This FME edition does not recognize the `SchemaMappingFactory' factory. Please ensure that the current platform supports this factory, the factory name is spelled correctly, and that you have installed all required plug-ins

So my question is, what FME edition *is* required to run this sample?

Thanks,

Ed

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

The URL doesn't work correctly due to certificate issues, but it redirects to:

https://community.esri.com/message/773550-gas-utility-network-migration-tools-preview

Apart from a missing template file geodatabase it is working for me with FME Desktop 2018.1.1 64-bit and ESRI Standard license. (I think you need Standard or Advanced, not Basic for Utility Network functions.) I do have ArcGIS Pro installed as well.

Badge +2

The workspaces should work with FME 2018.0 (build 18301) and higher. This makes it compatible with the current release of the Data Interoperability Extension

Badge +6

Hello @e_blair,

In order to run the workspace as is, you will require an FME Desktop Professional Edition license. You can determine your current licensing level by navigating to the About section in FME Workbench. Help > About FME Workbench. You will also require a licensed version of Esri(either ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro). It is important to note, that the bit architecture of FME and Esri must match.

If you continue to run into issues, please let me know.