Solved

Find Max and Min distance from polygons

Badge +6

I have 2 shapefile files, each have about 13,000 features. I need to know what the minimum and maximum distance each feature of file 1 for example has in relation to file 2. How to do that?

icon

Best answer by takashi 14 July 2018, 13:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @mr_fme

The transformer NeighborFinder generate a new list of attribute: _distance.

After I think you can use the ListStatisticsCalculator and You'll receive the results max and Min.

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mr_fme, you can get the minimum distance between two polygon datasets easily using the NeighborFinder, but getting the maximum distance may not be so easy. Hope this workflow would work as expected.

In this figure, the blue polygons and the red polygons represent two polygon datasets. The workflow above selects the largest one in all minimum spanning circles for every pair of red polygon and blue polygon. The diameter of the circle is the maximum distance between the two polygon datasets.

Badge +6

Hi @mr_fme, you can get the minimum distance between two polygon datasets easily using the NeighborFinder, but getting the maximum distance may not be so easy. Hope this workflow would work as expected.

In this figure, the blue polygons and the red polygons represent two polygon datasets. The workflow above selects the largest one in all minimum spanning circles for every pair of red polygon and blue polygon. The diameter of the circle is the maximum distance between the two polygon datasets.

I really enjoyed your suggestion, but the neighbor has a layout called _distance, I can see the distance from I organize the column ascedentemente. Does my location have a distance greater than one polygon to another?

Hi @mr_fme

The transformer NeighborFinder generate a new list of attribute: _distance.

After I think you can use the ListStatisticsCalculator and You'll receive the results max and Min.

Thanks,

Danilo

This worked for me, a good solution when you have multiple bases and multiple candidates to then use the min and max distance . Was thinking about aggregator and centre point replacer to get an average for the candidate (to get one candidate for many bases) but this is far better option!

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

This worked for me, a good solution when you have multiple bases and multiple candidates to then use the min and max distance . Was thinking about aggregator and centre point replacer to get an average for the candidate (to get one candidate for many bases) but this is far better option!

Thanks for reply