Question

FME API

Hello the FME support team,

We have an FME server and I would like to call a job and pass some parameters to that and get a response with some other parameters. Something common in Rest API/WSDL.

I have tried different ways, data streaming and data downloader. One of them send me a file as a response which I need to download and read and the other send me the job ID which none of them is not the response that I expect. I expect a response that I can get without downloading a file. The same way that we send some parameter to the API (e.g published parameter in the body tag from here https://playground.fmeserver.com/csharp-request/ as I am using .Net )

Many thanks

Mohsen

6 replies

Sorry, I had forgotten to mention, there is no issue with sending the parameters to the FME server, the challenge is getting the response back from FME in the form and format that I have described.

Userlevel 4
Sorry, I had forgotten to mention, there is no issue with sending the parameters to the FME server, the challenge is getting the response back from FME in the form and format that I have described.

I've replied to this in the other question you posted.
I've replied to this in the other question you posted.
Thanks @david_r for your consideration. But that answer does not apply to this. That one is related to job completion, this one is related to get a set of outputs from a workbench in FME.

Userlevel 4

My general answer would be to look at the DataStreaming service, which will allow the API caller to retrieve results generated by the workspace. Can you perhaps describe why it didn't fit in your scenario?

My general answer would be to look at the DataStreaming service, which will allow the API caller to retrieve results generated by the workspace. Can you perhaps describe why it didn't fit in your scenario?

The issue is that Data Streaming does not send the data as HTTP response, it sends the data as a file, so I have to save the file fully and then read it from a location. I am looking for a service to send me the generated data as HTTP response (read by StreamReader), In this way I can read and visualize the data directly from he response. However, not ideally, I managed this one by writing the result to the DB and fetching the data from there.

My friend Victor from Safe Canada helped me to solve it, Thanks David. Data streaming worked as I expected