Solved

Can FME-Workbench be used in a GUI for CentOS7

• 16 August 2018
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

I've got FME workbench installed and licensed on a CentOS7 machine an Amazon EC2. I've successfully run models through command line, but I would ideally like to have the actual FME GUI. I followed these instructions to install a the gnome gui and connecting through VNC https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-configure-vnc-remote-access-for-the-gnome-desktop-on-centos-7#step-8-%E2%80%94-securing-vnc-sessions-through-ssh-tunneling

When I click on the FME workbench application in the gui it crashes when it tries to load the main window.

Do I just need to use something other than gnome?

icon

Best answer by philiptivel 16 August 2018, 19:46

View original

5 replies

Badge +10
Hi @philiptivel,

Could you try running the following command to see if it works or provides more information: 

/opt/fme-desktop-2018/fmeworkbench fmetest.fmw

Andrea, I get this error when I run that command:

[maintuser@ip-172-31-2-18 data]$ /opt/fme-desktop-2018/fmeworkbench fmetest.fmw bf_skey.c(69): OpenSSL internal error, assertion failed: Cipher BLOWFISH forbidden in FIPS mode! Aborted (core dumped)

Andrea, based on that error I did a yum remove dracut-fips and now the FME Workbench UI appears to be working!!!

Badge +10

Andrea, based on that error I did a yum remove dracut-fips and now the FME Workbench UI appears to be working!!!

That's great to hear! Thank you for the updates!

Badge

Thanks for the update @philiptivel - we'll consider reducing our use of Blowfish so that FIPS enforcement doesn't have to be disabled on the system.