Solved

Setting DB namespace dynamically from SourceDataset_GENERIC through RegexReplacement

Badge

I want to set the PostGIS namespace dynamically, derived through a RegExp from the SourceDataset_GENERIC parameter, however all my imports end in the 'public' namespace.

icon

Best answer by takashi 25 April 2018, 17:01

View original

13 replies

Badge
vector-import-worker.fmw

This is how I try to achieve my goal currently

Badge +3

I have looked at your workspace and you need to remove the double quotes from the last to parts of the @ReplaceRegEx statement, making it look like this:

@ReplaceRegEx($(SourceDataset_GENERIC),^.*[\\/](rgu|gsm)[\\/].*$,\1)
Badge

I have looked at your workspace and you need to remove the double quotes from the last to parts of the @ReplaceRegEx statement, making it look like this:

@ReplaceRegEx($(SourceDataset_GENERIC),^.*[\\/](rgu|gsm)[\\/].*$,\1)
@lars_de_vries: Thanks for the fast answer. I modified the regex accordingly and removed the unneccessary transformers.

Unfortunately it still doesn't work: 

My input is '/tmp/gsm/t/stadtplan_bildung.gpkg' , so the regex should extract 'gsm' and set this as the namespace for the new table.

But the table ist still created in public.

16612-vector-import-worker.fmw

16612-vector-import-workerlog.txt

Badge

Further exploration shows that the Regex is now correct, but in dynamic mode FME 2018 seems to still carry this old bug:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/3478/postgis-schema.html

Could someone please verify this?

Badge +3

Looking at the workspace, there are two suggestions I could make:

1. Does it help if you create an attribute first containing the namespace? And

2. How about creating a second writer and set the first Writer to 'rgu' as a namespace and the second to 'gsm' as a namespace. You could use a TestFilter to define which Writer should be used. It makes the process a little less dynamic, but allows to hardcode the namespace which could be a workaround for now.

Badge

Thanks for the suggestions, @lars_de_vries

Unfortunately I am still struggling using the dynamic writer to PostGIS and setting any, even static namespace.

Whatever I try, the tables end up in 'public', which is where they do not have to go.

vector-import-worker.fmw is what I have now with an AttributeCreator setting the namespace to the string 'rgu', but it does not get honored.

I tried to create a fully qualified tablename like 'rgu.stadtplan_bildung', but I did not succeed in concatenating a string with the _fme_feature_type variable.

Badge +3

You could try this workspace, it is what I ment with my second suggestion.

16613-16612-vector-import-worker-2.fmw

Badge

Thanks again, @lars_de_vries

Logic would say that this works, albeit the table fell again into 'public'.

Here is the log: 16617-16613-16612-vector-import-worker-2log.txt

Badge +3

Thanks again, @lars_de_vries

Logic would say that this works, albeit the table fell again into 'public'.

Here is the log: 16617-16613-16612-vector-import-worker-2log.txt

I am sorry to hear that. I think I am a bit out of options here.

Maybe @FMELizard can tell whether this still is a unsolved bug as you suggested earlier, or something else is going on.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @dollargis, I'm not sure if it is common to PostgreSQL/PostGIS writer, there was a similar issue before: "Dynamic" output to SQL Server - no Table Qualifier/database schema ?

Badge

The problem lies in the combination of dynamic schema creation and any other namespace than 'public'. It seems impossible to get both

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

In my quick test, as well as the workaround for SQL Server, this dynamic schema setting worked as expected. Assuming that the destination schema name is given as a user parameter called $(SCHEMA).

$(SCHEMA).@Value(fme_feature_type)

0684Q00000ArK0HQAV.png

Naturally the database should have the schema beforehand. If the schema could be missing when you run the workspace, you could create it with this SQL statement set to the "SQL To Run before Write" parameter in the writer.

create schema if not exists $(SCHEMA)
Badge

In my quick test, as well as the workaround for SQL Server, this dynamic schema setting worked as expected. Assuming that the destination schema name is given as a user parameter called $(SCHEMA).

$(SCHEMA).@Value(fme_feature_type)

0684Q00000ArK0HQAV.png

Naturally the database should have the schema beforehand. If the schema could be missing when you run the workspace, you could create it with this SQL statement set to the "SQL To Run before Write" parameter in the writer.

create schema if not exists $(SCHEMA)
Thanks, Takashi - this really solved my problem. 

Now I am just scratching my head why I couldn't find this in the docs....