Question

measure generator

Badge

Hi, i have a dgn file. that consists of line,area and text. i need split the line using those intersected areas.that was performed using lineonareaoverlayer. my doubt was how to measure those lines. i need length of each line. what transformer use for that? anyone give the solution?

5 replies

Userlevel 4

When you say "measure", do you mean calculating the length of the line at not linear referencing? If so, have a look at the LengthCalculator. Just be aware that the length is in ground units, which may not make much sense for e.g. LatLon coordinate systems.

In that case you can use the GeographicLengthCalculator from the FME Hub.

Badge

When you say "measure", do you mean calculating the length of the line at not linear referencing? If so, have a look at the LengthCalculator. Just be aware that the length is in ground units, which may not make much sense for e.g. LatLon coordinate systems.

In that case you can use the GeographicLengthCalculator from the FME Hub.

hi, actually i can calculate the length of the line using lengthcalculator.But some the cases like junction areas have two lines. how to join those two lines inside that area?

Userlevel 4

hi, actually i can calculate the length of the line using lengthcalculator.But some the cases like junction areas have two lines. how to join those two lines inside that area?

How do you define a "junction area"?

Badge

Hi , the junction areas are like more than two line.
Badge

Hi, here i had attached the ref image. the yellow lines are areas. the blue lines are line string. in the images, the two lines are intersect.here i need length of those lines. Lineonareaoverlay transformer shows the output 2 in that area. but i need single output in those aea