Solved

Microstation DGN v8 igds_type does not set curves

• 7 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am using FME Desktop 2017.1 and trying to output a Microstation V8 DGN file with curves instead of line strings. I have exposed and set the igds_type attribute to 11 (ie: curve) but the output DGN now has no lines at all. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by aquamarine 7 February 2019, 11:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Maybe a silly question, but have you verified that the FME geometries are indeed arcs and not polylines when arriving at the writer?

Badge +1

Hi Dave actually I just worked out the answer myself! I needed to set the igds_type attribute to "igds_curve" rather than "11".

Badge +1

Maybe a silly question, but have you verified that the FME geometries are indeed arcs and not polylines when arriving at the writer?

Hi @david_r I have another issue with the igds_type curve output in Microstation. For some reason, the first two and last two vertices of every curve are not joined together when I output the file to Microstation DGN. Do you know why this would be? They were definitely joined together when I used a normal line_string...

Userlevel 4

Hi @david_r I have another issue with the igds_type curve output in Microstation. For some reason, the first two and last two vertices of every curve are not joined together when I output the file to Microstation DGN. Do you know why this would be? They were definitely joined together when I used a normal line_string...

That's strange. Unfortunately I don't know...