Question

FME Server Upgrade and Job Logs

Hello FME Community

We are currently doing an FME Server upgrade and I would like to confirm an assumption - I haven't found this information on the forum or documentation yet, so it may have been implied already.

I am wondering if we can upgrade and keep our old Job history / logs from the old version? (We are currently running 2016, and upgrading to 2018)

Since the Backup / Restore didn't restore job logs to our Test server, and it also wouldn't make sense if old Job IDs are duplicated in the new system, I'm assuming that they will not be saved automatically.

Thanks!

Ray

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I'm not sure that's possible without quite a bit of manual intervention (read: hacking the installation). Nothing I would recommend, unless Safe can help you out with specifics.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I agree with @david_r, this would only be possible with hacking the database and I would be very reluctant to recommend that. Best you can do is save the log files before doing the upgrade.

An FME Server upgrade is essentially a new installation followed by a restore of the old server's repositories, resources, notifications etc. Job history is not part of this.

Thanks for your responses! Yes - I thought it is probably something along that line. And that is alright, as long as I am not missing some features with the upgrade... We can always copy them off somewhere for future references.