Question

batch run with dynamic schema does not bring results

• 9 October 2013
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have a workspace, where I read data from a non-spatial and a spatial database. I write the data to a dynamic schema into an Esri file geodatabase.

The workspace runs fine, when I start it with FME, but it doesn't write any data to the geodatabase,  if i call the same workspace with a batch file.

What can be the problem?

Thank you for your help.

Isabell

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi Isabell,

Since the batch only calls the ws, the only issue I can think about is that there is no ESRI license available when running the batch.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Isabell

It's difficult to specify the problem based on only the information you posted. First of all, see the log file. There could be a hint about what happened, or what did not happen.

Takashi
Hi Isabell,

it sounds like a behavior we went into a couple of weeks ago. Without knowing your data and log. My guess is, that this is a known issue in relation with ArcGIS 10.0 or 10.1. When you call your batch file (maybe as scheduled task) it is not possible to get a Ersri license from the license server.

In ArcGIS 10.2 this is should be fixed. Or you give the the File Geodatabase API a try, because this writer does not use ArcObjects. You just need to be aware that not all File GDB funcitonality is available.

Best regards,

Stefan
Hello Stefan,

I had a closer look at the logfiles and indeed in the batch run logfile, there isn't a checkout of an Esri license.

But we already use ArcGIS 10.2, so it seems the problem still exists.

Maybe I can use a workspace runner to avoid that problem.

Regards,

Isabell