Question

Unpredictable behaviour of igds_snappable atrribute - DGN file V7

Badge +1

Hello everybody,

I have met troubles with values in igds_snappable attribute of cells. In my source datafile (v7), insert point of cell is snappable, but elements of cell are not. When I open datafile in FME Data Inspector, it shows me that insert point and all elements are not snappable.

If I change value of igds_snappable in Microstation for just 2 elements of cell, the insert point in FME Data Inspector is snappable, interesting...

Is it bug or not? Have You ever met the same problem? I´m using FME Desktop 2017.1.2.1

Thank You so much!

Lubo

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi @lazarlubomir,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. It appears to be incorrect behaviour where the igds_snappable format attribute for the insert point is showing as not snappable. I have filed a problem report for this issue (PR# 83782) and will update here when it has been resolved

Badge +1

Hello @AndreaAtSafe,

thank You so much for feedback! Im looking forward to getting updated news about this issue.

Lubo

Badge +1

Hi @lazarlubomir,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. It appears to be incorrect behaviour where the igds_snappable format attribute for the insert point is showing as not snappable. I have filed a problem report for this issue (PR# 83782) and will update here when it has been resolved

Hello @AndreaAtSafe,

please, I have little bit different question, but still related to DGN format attribute. I often work with DGN files, especially version V7, and many times I need to map, if element is view dependent or not... As I mentioned below, value for this attribute is filled only in version V8. How complicated is to add support of this attribute in version V7, please?

Thank You so much!

Lubo