Question

Shortest Path Finder - Problem

Badge +3
Hi All,

I am currently running a shortest path model but i cannot get any results unless i run a snapping process, even though all of my start and end points line up with nodes in the network. This is fine on small data but i need to run this over a large data set and it is too time consuming. Any ideas on why this would not be working?

6 replies

Badge +2
Does that mean you are able to get the results after snapping process?
Badge +3
Yes if i use either the Anchored Snapper before or Snap option within the shortest ditance tool itself i get a shortest path result. But when i check the 'snapped' points vs my original points they havent moved at all. Also, the snapping process is very time consuming i would love to be able to avoid it if i can.
Badge +2
1. Then its better you snap the data once and provide that data as input and check without snapping process whether it is working

2. Have you used snapping options present in "ShortestPathFinder".
Badge +3
I did try to snap my points before performing my from/to analysis but again they dont seem to give a result out of the shortest path finder. I have been trying snapping option present in "ShortestPathFinder" but it is too slow on this amount of data.
Badge

I am experiencing the same problem, all my points line up exactly on the network and there are no paths found. If I move my points on purpose and use snapping, it works - but this is very time consuming.

Any progress on this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Are both the points and the network in the same format?

Format readers can round numeric values to different decimal precision and therefor cause locations to shift just a little bit, causing the points to offset from the network by a little distance!