Solved

WRITER_TYPE Error Ifc to CityGML

Badge

I am am trying to convert a IFC-file into a CityGML-file. For inspiration I am relying heavily on the intermediate guide for BIM to gis. Now when I am trying to convert the IFCDoors entities into CityGML doors i get the following error:

Type of writer to use was not specified (WRITER_TYPE was not found)

I have to the best of my knowledge not changed the writer in any way except for the output-file path and the projection system. Every other geometry I am using seems to konvert nicely.

So my questions are as follow:

What does the error mean?

How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance :D

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 7 June 2018, 18:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @hadhafang,

Would you mind providing a copy of the log file showing the error, and a copy of your workspace? The log file will provide more information on the error.

Badge

Hi @hadhafang,

Would you mind providing a copy of the log file showing the error, and a copy of your workspace? The log file will provide more information on the error.

Where an how can I do so?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Where an how can I do so?

Hi @hadhafang,

If you click on the paper clip icon in the comment dialog, you can attach files to your comment.

Badge

Hi @hadhafang,

Sorry for the late answer. I am unfortunatly not at liberty to share the data file. However I have copied the log into two files:

1. log1runningproperly.txt
  2. log2ifcdoorenabled.txt
Log 1 is the log where I have disabled the door and the workspace will excecute

Log 2 is the log where IFCDoor is enabled and i get "Type of writer to use was not specified (WRITER_TYPE was not found)"-error.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Sorry for the late answer. I am unfortunatly not at liberty to share the data file. However I have copied the log into two files:

1. log1runningproperly.txt
  2. log2ifcdoorenabled.txt
Log 1 is the log where I have disabled the door and the workspace will excecute

Log 2 is the log where IFCDoor is enabled and i get "Type of writer to use was not specified (WRITER_TYPE was not found)"-error.

Hi @hadhafang,

From the error in the log file, it appears that the IfcDoor feature has a line geometry instead of the surface expected by the CityGML writer.

Please check your workspace to see why the IfcDoor is getting line geometry.