Question

How can FME search for variations in word casing?

• 27 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a work space that creates an error report for a dataset, that I would like to amend.

The current error report brings back the error "Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)' fails check for case is 'FULL_TITLE", however this isn't an error as the of being lower case is to be expected. In FME, for strings like the above, how can I allow 'of' to be lower case and not be included in the error report please?

I think it might be require a regular expression of some sort, but not sure if \\bof\\b would do the trick.

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

JB

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

The AttributeValidator has a check if one or more attributes match a specified case.

Badge

Thanks Erik.

I have given AttributeValidator a go, but still not sure how to ask it to allow 'of' when it is in the middle of a string such as Areas of Outstanding... In the rule configuration section, what would the regular expression be please?

Jess

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

In the case of this sting, I needed two StringReplacer transformers to validate the text.

The first replaces " of " by " Of ", which matches your question.

The second was needed to replace the text in parentheses using the regular expression "\\([A-Z]*\\).