Question

Problem with the transformer "Deaggregator"

• 11 September 2013
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I'm working on migrating a database Posgis to smallworld format. I have records in PostGIS which have several geometries (eg galapagos islands are only a Register in Postgis but there are several geometries) 

When I transform this record to smallworld, only creates a geometry (only one) of all previous

By this, I thought of using the transformer "deaggregator", but (without this transformer the workbench was running perfectly ) when I run the workbench with the transformer it stops.without showing any errors in Smallworld or FME .

FME displays: "Deaggregator(DeaggreagateFactory): The PART_COUNT clause is not supported if RECURSIVE is specified"

I've tried with the option recursion (in the transformer) enabled and disabled .

I would be very grateful if someone could help

Thank you very much

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

Have you tried generating a workaspace (postgis2smallworld)? did the geometry translation failed in this mode?

You can also try the multi geometry setter to distinguish the parts of the aggregates as independent geometries.

It is strange that the warning appears when disabled, that should not happen, but bassically it tells that the part count setting will not return any attribute describing the count of parts per aggregate.

The deaggregation should still take place.

Hope this helps,

Itay