Question

WebSocketReceiver with authetication

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi,

I am trying to use a websocketreceiver to take a feed. It connects and and provides details saying that it require authorization, which it does.

Now the question is how? Is it something that should be sent in the preamble, or do I need to use a websocketsender to send it first. I have tried several ways but that maybe the input is wrong.

Below is the input without the signature:

{"version":1,"user":"interpret.co.nz","product":"com.metservice.blitzen","document":"{\\"bounds\\":[{\\"south\\":-53.0,\\"west\\":154.0,\\"height\\":24.0,\\"width\\":35.0}],\\"timeout\\":1460203200069}","expiryDate":"20160409T120000+0000"}

We have it working in java, but we want to do it in FME, as we will be able to streamline the whole process into FME.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Cheers,

Todd

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Do you have anything in the connection preamble? I know very little about websockets but in the small examples I've created I've always set a preamble, for example:

{

ws_op: "open",

ws_stream_id: "EmergencyEvents"

}

I don't see why you would need a WebSocketSender first, unless you're trying to create the feed that you're reading from.

You might find some use from our FME Server training manual (even if you aren't using Server) particularly this section, as it talks about the WebSocket transformers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Do you have anything in the connection preamble? I know very little about websockets but in the small examples I've created I've always set a preamble, for example:

{

ws_op: "open",

ws_stream_id: "EmergencyEvents"

}

I don't see why you would need a WebSocketSender first, unless you're trying to create the feed that you're reading from.

You might find some use from our FME Server training manual (even if you aren't using Server) particularly this section, as it talks about the WebSocket transformers.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to make any difference. Have sent into support and will see if they can figure it out with all the details