Question

Create points from line with measures at specific measure interval (point for each 1/10 measure value)

Badge

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions how to do this?

I have a set of lines with measures and need to create points at each 1/10 measure value. A line with a measure range of 1 - 2.5 would result in points at measures 1.0,1.1,1.2,1.2....2.3,2.4,2.5

The distance between the measure interval is NOT consistent, so length cannot be used.

The functionality would be like the Chopper by measure interval.

I'm using FME 2019.1. Thanks in advance!

Kathy

4 replies

Badge +10

The snipper will let you cut at measure intervals, you may need some additional workflow depending if you want the end point as well

Badge +2

@kathyjbryce Can you use the Densifier and set the Interval to be _length*0.1? If your lines have the start and end measure they will be interpolated for you.

measuresexample.fmw

Badge

@kathyjbryce Can you use the Densifier and set the Interval to be _length*0.1? If your lines have the start and end measure they will be interpolated for you.

measuresexample.fmw

Hi Mark :) it's been a long while!

Good idea, unfortunately within a line the distance between measures is not always consistent.

Badge

The snipper will let you cut at measure intervals, you may need some additional workflow depending if you want the end point as well

Another great suggestion, and cleaner then how I tried doing this with the snipper. With the size of the dataset, I'm hoping to avoid the need to clone all the lines.

Thank-you!