Question

Error writing multipoint to ArcGIS Online

• 14 June 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +13

I am trying to write new both single point and multipoint features from a multipoint geometry Esri SDE feature class to an Esri ArcGIS Online multipoint geometry feature service and keep getting this error in 2017.1.1.0 (20170929 - Build 17650 - WIN64) Workbench:

<type 'fmeobjects.FMEPoint'> cannot be converted to esriGeometryMultipoint

The only transformer I have in the workbench is a 'reprojector' to go from our custom LRS Lambert Conic projection to WGS84 Web Mercator (3857) projection. We use this all the time, so I'm not too concerned about the reprojection piece of the workflow.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

SDE Version 10.4.1

6 replies

Badge +6

Hello @mmccart,

I think you may have to aggregate your point geometries(the single points) - as the error appears to be related to FME being unable to write a single Point geometry to a MultiPoint geometry. If you can try aggregating the point geometries with the Aggregator and the mode set to 'geometry assemble one level'. Let me know if that works.

Badge +13

Here is the log from my workbench.iowadot-log-writing-multipoint-geometry-to-agol-er.txt

Badge +13

Hello @mmccart,

I think you may have to aggregate your point geometries(the single points) - as the error appears to be related to FME being unable to write a single Point geometry to a MultiPoint geometry. If you can try aggregating the point geometries with the Aggregator and the mode set to 'geometry assemble one level'. Let me know if that works.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the Aggregator shoved all 599 records into a single record. That's not what I need. I need to maintain all 599 records. How do I get the Aggregator to maintain all 599 records (61 have multipoint geometry)?

Badge +3

Hello @mmccart,

You should use the GroupBy setting in the Aggregator and set it to an attribute that has a unique vlaue. If a unique value is not present yet, you could use a Counter transformer to create a unique ID.

Badge +13

@trentatsafe Using the Aggregator did not work. Still throwing the following error:

<type 'fmeobjects.FMEAggregate'> cannot be converted to esriGeometryMultipoint

Badge
Hi, did this error ever get resolved? I am encountering the same issue trying to update a multi-point layer on AGOL. Using Desktop 2018.1. Records are already aggregated as a mutli-point feature class in an gdb, and I am attempting to push changes to the AGOL copy of the data.

Thanks