Question

How to determine my FME Server email address

• 19 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge

I'm still pretty new at FME Server. How do you determine the FME Server email address to send email data to with attachments? I'm at a loss to figure that out.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi

Have a look at this article.

David

Badge

On FME Server 2015 you go on Manage>Notifications>Subscriptions and you can Edit / Create Email subscriptions and specify EmailTO, EmailFROM, EmailCC...

Alternatively you can use the custom transformer FMEServerEmailGenerator that will help you define all these parameters.

David you're too fast... ;-)

Userlevel 4

On FME Server 2015 you go on Manage>Notifications>Subscriptions and you can Edit / Create Email subscriptions and specify EmailTO, EmailFROM, EmailCC...

Alternatively you can use the custom transformer FMEServerEmailGenerator that will help you define all these parameters.

David you're too fast... ;-)

JP, at least your answer was a bit more thorough ;-)

Badge

Hi

Have a look at this article.

David

David,

I was reading this article yesterday and the part of it I got stuck on is when it says send an email to demoEmailUser@yourFMEServer to test it. It's the "yourFMEServer" part of the tutorial I do not know what to fill in. I'm calling the Email Username "demoEmailUser" just like they have it in the tutorial.

Thanks

Tony

Userlevel 4

David,

I was reading this article yesterday and the part of it I got stuck on is when it says send an email to demoEmailUser@yourFMEServer to test it. It's the "yourFMEServer" part of the tutorial I do not know what to fill in. I'm calling the Email Username "demoEmailUser" just like they have it in the tutorial.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony

If you're using the "Option A" (using the SMTP Relay service), then "yourFMEServer" should be the host name of your server where the "FME Server SMTP Relay" service runs.

So if you access the FME Server GUI using with your browser on e.g. http://server01.domain.com/fmeserver then you should probably send your email to either "user@server01" or "user@server01.domain.com".

David