Question

fme server error

Badge
I have installed 32 bit FME Desktop and created a workspace where it transfers a feature class from one file gdb to another . I have made the source dataset path as published parameter . I published the workspace to server and when I run the service I am getting below error 

Unable to perform any licensing related tasks.  This is a 64-bit version of FME which requires a 64-bit version of ArcGIS Server. Or download and install a 32 bit version of FME. Refer to this this article http://fme.ly/qua for more details

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

you have probably installed a 64-bit version of FME Server. If so, the error message is correct.

David
Badge
Hello David, 

So you are asking i need to install 32 bit FME Server ? is that right ?
Userlevel 4
Hi,

the short story is: if you use 32-bit versions of ArcGIS, you need to use the 32-bit version of both FME Server and FME Desktop. If you use 64-bit versions of ArcGIS you need to use 64-bit versions of FME Server and FME Desktop. This is due to a limitation in the operating system and not in FME.

Here is more info:

David
Badge
Thanks David .. 

It can still happen with 64bit of ArcGIS & 64bit of FME. It is not believed to be a different version issue even though the error message is saying like that, kind of misleading.