Question

Using template in excel writer

• 16 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

In a workbench, I need to create an excel file as a sort of validation that all data has been written how it was supposed to be. I need to compare input and output and highlight differences in red. I'm able to create the excel file where all input columns are next to their output.

For the highlighting part, I created an excel file containing all column names in the A row, and conditional formatting that highlights cells in red if output <> input. I tested it directly in the excel file and everything works ar it's supposed to.

So, I added the excel file as a template. I tried every configuration I could think of, but every time I launch the workbench, it results into a copy of my template, without any data written.

How do I insert values into the excel file, while using a template file?

Thank you

(FME 2015.1, EXCEL 2013 file format)

3 replies

Badge +9

@phatnineI have an example from 2015.1 writing into an excel template, never had any issues so not sure what is going wrong in your case. Maybe run the attached template and review the results, see if you can replicate in your own workspace.

geometryvalidationtemplatereport.fmwt

Thanks for the template. I used your template (with little edits) and it worked as a charm. I tried to trim down your template to be the same as mine and it still worked, so I'm a little confused as to why mine doesn't work.

If I find why my template doesn't work, I'll let you know.

Thank you

Badge +9

Thanks for the template. I used your template (with little edits) and it worked as a charm. I tried to trim down your template to be the same as mine and it still worked, so I'm a little confused as to why mine doesn't work.

If I find why my template doesn't work, I'll let you know.

Thank you

No problem, glad you got it sorted. I'm sure it was something minor!