Question

Probelms with output Oracle to dgn V8 with object with two polygon geometries

We are using FME Workbench 2016. Reading a table with land parcels in Oracle Spatial and want to create a dgn V8 with them, the single polygons look right. Also the objects with two polygons where one is defined as hole are correct in the dgn. But the land parcels which where split in two objects by a road for example are divided into two different objects. How can I force the writer to create a single object with two polygons from one object in the database?

The "features written" summary shows 20 objects written (database count, correct). Microstation tells me there are 24 elements on this level, because 4 obejcts are now split int two different polygon.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Would aggregating (Aggregator transformer) the read features based on all attributes (or the parcel indication) help? Or is the DGN writer splitting the aggregate features into simple features?

I believe it's the DGN writer, as the number of processed features is lower than the number of features in the dgn. The features are complex features when reading from Oracle. The inspector shows "IFMEMultiArea (2 parts)", both polygons are selected together. Number of processed features is the same number as in the database. So I guess the writer splits them into two simple polygons.

Badge +16

I would check the dgn format documentation to see if it supports multi part geometry types.