Question

BulkAttributeRenamer error

• 22 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm using the BulkAttributeRenamer to get rid of special characters in multiple attributes using regular expression.

My expression looks something like this and initially I had no problems. <|/|\.|>|\*|ä|ö|å|\+

Suddenly my workflow didn't run anymore and I received the following errors.

An error occurred. FME will attempt to provide more information on the error, but this may cause the translation to be terminated
invalid vector<T> subscript

It seems that the problem is the symbols <, >, * and I have tried to escape them but without luck.

I also find it extremely weird that it worked one moment and didn't the next.

Does anyone know of a workaround so I can get rid of these characters and symbols.

Thanks!

/Jacob 

4 replies

Badge

I think maybe should also check your special characters if your machine does or does not support unicode, maybe try replace those special characters with hexi style like \\XAF.... to give it a trial.

Badge +3

@j2

Using FME(R) 2018.0.0.2 (20180414 - Build 18301 - WIN64)

Renaming using the option sequence you provided works as intended.

I just tried it out.

(i assume you chose "regular expression replace")

No other issue(s) causing this?

Badge +2

@j2

Using FME(R) 2018.0.0.2 (20180414 - Build 18301 - WIN64)

Renaming using the option sequence you provided works as intended.

I just tried it out.

(i assume you chose "regular expression replace")

No other issue(s) causing this?

Hi @gio

Thanks for your reply!

Yes I chose regular expression replace. I'm running the latest 2020 beta and that might be the issue. I ended up doing a workaround and haven't testet it again.
Badge +2

I think maybe should also check your special characters if your machine does or does not support unicode, maybe try replace those special characters with hexi style like \\XAF.... to give it a trial.

Hi @mileslee

Thank you for your reply!

I edited the meta files for forbidden characters but ended up doing a workaround anyway.

I'll give your suggestion a try shortly.