Question

Excel-reader, multiple features on same sheet

• 23 September 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +21
I have multiple features on the same Sheet on an excel-sheet (100s).

Ie Featuretype A have attributes on column A-C, while Featuretype B have attributes on column D-H. Is there a way to read these as 2 featurestypes withouth having two Excel-readers on the same file?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Sig,

I'm not sure the actual situation...

If you are looking for how to split every row read from a worksheet into 2 parts (A-C and D-H), just branch the data flow coming from a reader feature type into 2 flows, and keep required attributes with the AttributeKeeper for each flow (Featuretype A and B).

Takashi
Badge +21
I want two featuretypes in the Workspace (IE one for featuretype B and one for featuretype A). Because I want to easily duplicate the same schema on the writer-side.
Badge +3
..is it not just as Takshi said then?

Split proces into 2 flows and keep whats needed for each? Seems ok to me.

Or do you wish to keep both types in one set?

Then u could still split flow and remerge them on row id.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
I understood what you want, maybe. A possible way I can think of is to define a custom format.

But I found that there is a restriction for Excel format. That is, the first row of the worksheet must be the field names row, if you use the worksheet as source of the custom format. I think it should be improved.

Anyway, if the first row is the field names row, create a custom format like this (e.g. "TEST_SIG" format)

You can then add the format reader to any workspace with the same way as standard readers.

Feature types that were defined in the custom format will appear on the Canvas.