Question

GeoRSS Expert Needed

I have lots of GeoRSS Files and in these file there are some attributes. I want to convert these GeoRSS file to ESRI Shapefile. GeoRSS files Contain Some attributes in Coding. Just like this

<ul>

<li><strong><span>objectid</span>:</strong> <span>1.0000000000</span></li>

<li><strong><span>districtco</span>:</strong> <span>01</span></li>

<li><strong><span>districtna</span>:</strong> <span>Kaniska</span></li>

<li><strong><span>shape_leng</span>:</strong> <span>550660.0714570000</span></li>

<li><strong><span>shape_area</span>:</strong> <span>6611.3038972100</span></li>

</ul>

I want This in Esri Shape File Attributes Like This

objectid districtco districtna shape_leng shape_area

1.0000000000 01 Kaniska 550660.0714570000 6611.3038972100

Attributes are important for me. Help me to fill attributes from GeoRSS file to Shapefile.

20 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @sonekarneelesh, could you send the url?

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @sonekarneelesh, could you send the url?

Thanks,

Danilo

https://drive.google.com/

This is the link :-

Badge

use HTMLExtractor

use HTMLExtractor

Pls give me example of HTMLExtractor. How to Use It ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @sonekarneelesh,

I simulated you data using a AttributeCreator:

Then i split my attribute att and expose the elemnts ( transformer ListExploder ).

With transformer StringSearcher i found the elements that we want:

- Attributes Names

- Values Names

And in FME Data Inspector the results were presented:

Attached the template file.

Thanks,

Danilo - workspace-geo.fmwt

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

use HTMLExtractor

If you read the GeoRSS feed with the GEORSS reader, each Entry feature will have an attribute called "Content" that stores HTML fragment describing attributes like this.

<h4>mpdistrict</h4>

<ul class="textattributes">
  <li><strong><span class="atr-name">objectid</span>:</strong> <span class="atr-value">1.0000000000</span></li>
  <li><strong><span class="atr-name">districtco</span>:</strong> <span class="atr-value">01</span></li>
  <li><strong><span class="atr-name">districtna</span>:</strong> <span class="atr-value">Sheopur</span></li>
  <li><strong><span class="atr-name">shape_leng</span>:</strong> <span class="atr-value">550660.0714570000</span></li>
  <li><strong><span class="atr-name">shape_area</span>:</strong> <span class="atr-value">6611.3038972100</span></li> 
</ul>
Since every attribute name and value is described with <span> tag and they are distinguished by the value of "class" attribute ("atr-name" or "atr-value"), you can specify "class" as CSS Selector to extract attribute names and values separately with the HTMLExtractor. See this screenshot to learn more.

0684Q00000ArMIpQAN.png

Hi @sonekarneelesh,

I simulated you data using a AttributeCreator:

Then i split my attribute att and expose the elemnts ( transformer ListExploder ).

With transformer StringSearcher i found the elements that we want:

- Attributes Names

- Values Names

And in FME Data Inspector the results were presented:

Attached the template file.

Thanks,

Danilo - workspace-geo.fmwt

kh.jpg

i want attributes like this:-

shape length shape area are title of attribute field and values in table below.

use HTMLExtractor

@takashi pls give me .fmwt file for htmlextractor.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
@takashi pls give me .fmwt file for htmlextractor.
This is it: georss-htmlextractor.fmwt (FME 2017.0)

use HTMLExtractor

@takashi not working fatal error has occured

pls give me full fmwt........now what to do with this feed and inspector
Userlevel 4
Badge +30

@sonekarneelesh i believe you can to add your Writer after the transformer AttributeExposer and connect it, instead the Inspector.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

What kind of error? Post the error messages logged here.

What kind of error? Post the error messages logged here.

@takashi i m sharing the log file pls find attachment. I got my files into shapefile but no attribute found..............log-file.txt

@danilo_inovacao

i connect writer instead of inspector but not attribute found.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I cannot find any fatal error in your log. If it was the issue that the destination Shapefile dataset won't have any attribute, most likely you didn't have set User Attributes in the writer feature type, I think. This is just an example. Modify this appropriately according to the actual requirements.

I cannot find any fatal error in your log. If it was the issue that the destination Shapefile dataset won't have any attribute, most likely you didn't have set User Attributes in the writer feature type, I think. This is just an example. Modify this appropriately according to the actual requirements.

i do exactly what you said but there is no attributes in shapefile. If you have converted shapefile pls share with me. i m in a big trouble. pls help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Could you please post a screenshot that illustrates how you have configured the destination Shapefile writer feature type - User Attributes tab?

Thanks for the fmwt. Now its working............Thanks man really helpful................

Badge

@sonekarneelesh: since you wrote that it worked, please mark @takashi's post as "Answer". Otherwise, I'm sure @TiaAtSafe can do it ;)