Question

create readers?

• 25 June 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +6
  • Contributor
  • 53 replies
In my oracle db I have 30 users, all of which have the same tables (about 40). Now I want to merge the data from the different users, i.e. create a new user with those 40 tables and combine the data from all 30 users.

I started by trying it for just one table and three users:

I created a workbench with a reader for each of the different users and a writer to the new user, and everything worked well.

As I want to automatize as much as possible, I used parameters for the user names and passwords, wrote them in a command file and started it as a batch.

But like that I still have to have a reader defined for each user in the FME Workbench. Is it possible to create the readers "on the fly" in the batch file? Or could I loop with the same reader through a list of my users / passwords?

Thanks in advance

Vera

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Vera,

Creating two workspaces might be a solution. The first workspace is the main workflow consisting of reader(s), transformers, writer(s). Also define published parameters to receive username, password etc., and link them to the corresponding reader parameters. In the second workspace, read the parameter table (contains username, password etc.), and call the first workspace using the WorkspaceRunner transformer. You can pass the parameters to the first workspace and run it through the WorkspaceRunner. The WorkspaceRunner is a convenient functionality to do a batch processing.

Takashi
Badge +6
Wow, great! Thanks a lot!

Vera