Solved

Get list of feature types of reader and writer

Badge +1

Hi,

Is there a way to get a list of feature type names of all Readers and writers inside workspace?

I don't want to read data. Just need to create some sort of report of what feature types do I read and write. And in my workbench there are lots of them, so doing it by hand is gonna be time consuming

Regards,

Želimir

icon

Best answer by jlbaker2779 27 May 2020, 11:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

If you only have a single reader, you could link the "Feature types to read" attribute to a private or published parameter, then use the ParameterFetcher to retrieve the list.

Another option could be to use Sampler with a Group By on "fme_feature_type" (or "fme_dataset", depending on the format). That would give you a list of all the feature types or datasets read in the workspace.

Badge +2

Take a look at the workspace statistics created by @markatsafe. It might be what you're looking for.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/82943/fme-workspace-statistics-you-can-help.html

Badge +1

Take a look at the workspace statistics created by @markatsafe. It might be what you're looking for.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/82943/fme-workspace-statistics-you-can-help.html

Yes, FMW reader is something I've been looking for.

Badge +2

Yes, FMW reader is something I've been looking for.

@zzupljanin The workspace statistics that @jlbaker2779 referenced does include the Feature Types, but not for the purposes of tracking them. So it's probably best to create your own workspace using the FMW reader.

Things are a little more complicated if you use FeatureReader and FeatureWriter transformers. The FMW reader Reader/WriterFeatureTypes feature types doesn't directly return the the feature types used in these transformers. You'll have to include the FMW Transformers & TransformerParameters feature types and dig out the transformer_parameter_name WRITER_FEATURE_TYPE_PARAMS or READER_FEATURE_TYPE_PARAMS.