Question

select features

• 15 October 2013
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi Guys,

another question for today...sry

i have two features classes with numeric attributes

how can i select features from feature class B which only have a +20 compared to the attribute in feature class A?

for example feature class A has an attribute filled with the number 200

from feature class B i only want features which have 200 - 220...

Thanks a lot

I promise the last for today ;-)

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
I assume you want this to be dynamic, rather than hardcoded. Are the two feature classes in any way linkable?

You could always use a FeatureMerger (or a UnconditionalFeatureMerger from the FME Store) to move the attribute from A to B, then simply do a TestFilter on B.
Badge +6

don't know...let me explain once more

feature class A has an attribute Elevation 420 and STAU_ID = 1

feature class B has many features with STAU_ID = 1 and different elevations

i need from feature class B only that features which have elevation from 420 and 20m higher (440) all other features with STAU_ID = 1 which have elevations not in this filter i dont want in my process....

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
An example workflow: 1) Use the FeatureMerger to merge A 's attributes (including elevation) to B features using STAU_ID as key attribute ("Join On" parameter).

B --> REQUESTOR A --> SUPPLIER * if B has an attribute whose name is same as A's elevation attribute, rename A's elevation attribute to not-conflict name beforehand

2) For every MERGED feature (i.e. B with A's attributes), calculate upper elevation  = merged A elevation + 20m. (the AttributeCreator or the ExpressionEvaluator).

3) Select features whose elevation in the range between merged A elevation and +20m (the Tester).
Badge +6
Thank you very much ;-)