Question

Running Workspace on Server that uses "fme_dataset" attribute

I have a workspace deployed on FME Server that takes a number of .jpg images and places a point, using image EXIF info, and creates an attribute with a link to the image. The destination file types are a shapefile and a KML.

To create the link to the image I am pulling the filepath from the "fme_dataset" attribute. The issue is when I run this process on FME Server, using the Temporary Uploads/Upload File option, it reads the filepath from the temporary directory on the server where the image was uploaded to rather than the original image location.

Does anyone have thoughts on how I can adjust the workbench or FME Server settings to retain the original filepath?

Many Thanks,

Dan

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Where are the images originally stored? If it's in a location that is accessible for FME Server you could point it there, e.g. via a network path or url, rather than using the upload file option.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

If you intend to use the value of "fme_dataset" = a file path string just to create a URL string using its parts (i.e. not read the file), create another published parameter and pass the required file path via the parameter when running the workspace.