Question

Why @username not marked as hyperlink

Badge +6

When using Q&A; Forum, I enter the @username submission, part of the @username is not marked as hyperlink, but is displayed as the general text. But I found that the other user submitted content in the @username will be displayed as hyperlink. is my way what is wrong?

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @taojunabc, you should be able to enter a username with hyperlink by selecting the user in the drop down list that appears when you type @ and first few characters, like this screenshot.

However, this functionality may not work for some specific environments. If it doesn't work for you, contact Safe support with sending the information about your environment including Web browser name and version, OS name and version, and locale etc.

Badge +6

Hi @taojunabc, you should be able to enter a username with hyperlink by selecting the user in the drop down list that appears when you type @ and first few characters, like this screenshot.

However, this functionality may not work for some specific environments. If it doesn't work for you, contact Safe support with sending the information about your environment including Web browser name and version, OS name and version, and locale etc.

Hi @takashi, I found that on my PC, the first time to enter @, and will not display the drop-down list, and when I repeat a few times to delete @ enter again, the drop-down list will be displayed. I'll report my situation to Safe support.

I think it's better to add a function that automatically convert @username to a hyperlink. This can avoid the problems caused by the different environment.
Userlevel 4

I can't get the @-dropdown to display either, using Chrome.

On my keyboard the @ is mapped to AltGr-2, but that seems to be a hotkey for a <h1> tag. Really annoying.

Badge +7

I use chrome on windows 10 and the @ only works for me if its not at the start of a sentence/post. So typing "hey @jdh009" works but tying "@jdh009" does not work for me when posting a new message.

Userlevel 4

I use chrome on windows 10 and the @ only works for me if its not at the start of a sentence/post. So typing "hey @jdh009" works but tying "@jdh009" does not work for me when posting a new message.

Also using Chrome on Windows 10, but even that doesn't work for me.

Badge +21

I have the same issue, using chrome, also the same issue when I use Internet Edge.

Badge +21

After googling I only found this: http://docs.answerhub.com/storage/attachments/714-answerhub-permissions-guide-17-final.pdf which says:

View users list- When granted, allows a user or group member to view the registered users of their AnswerHub site as well as use the @mention feature, which allows a user to use the @ symbol to tag a user they wish to view a node.

I would suspect that there are some config in answerhub for Safe Software to look at

Badge +21

And the functionality seems to work nicely on answerhubs own portal at http://community.dzonesoftware.com/spaces/211/index.html - there I can use the @username syntax nicely.

Lets see if they answer my question: http://community.dzonesoftware.com/questions/48955/-13.html

Badge +21

And the answer from answerhub:

Thanks for the question - this too a bit of digging because I know this is permission controlled, but the permission doesn't specifically call out the mention feature. Please check the permissions for groups for users that are having trouble using this feature and ensure the view users list permission is granted.

View users list- When granted, allows a user or group member to view the registered users of their AnswerHub site as well as use the @mention feature, which allows a user to use the @ symbol to tag a user they wish to view a node.

Please note for future reference that this is not the official support site for AnswerHub clients. Please use success.answerhub.com so that you can take advantage of the pool of information already there, and that we will be sure to see and respond to new questions like yours in a timely manner.

Best regards,

Mark

Badge +21

filed to safe support as

C126465.

If you have the same issue, mention this ticket when you contact safe.

Badge +21

For the record, it does not work on any device i have tried for my user