Solved

Excel template file doesn't work after FME update

Badge

Hi,

I have updated my FME Desktop 2018.1 to FME 2019.0 and my workflow writing excel files based on a template file stop working. I was able to go around missing conditional formatting with few ExcelStylers. However, I am still missing the print layout which I have defined in the template. All required formatting stays in the template sheet, but is not distributed to the sheets written by FME. What have 2019 version changed and how can I use my template file again?

icon

Best answer by rahulsharma 4 May 2019, 00:21

View original

5 replies

Badge +8

HI @jakub, we believe the is indeed a regression issue that we is currently under development. I can notify you once we have resolved the issue If you still like to send us your data and workflow via a support ticket (https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/) and we can notify you on updates on the progress via ticket.

Workaround: Unfortunately, we do not have a workaround, you can continue using FME Desktop 2018.1. You can have multiple FME Desktop installed on the same machine.

Update: The issue is resolved in FME Desktop 2019.2 and 2020.0

Badge

HI @jakub, we believe the is indeed a regression issue that we is currently under development. I can notify you once we have resolved the issue If you still like to send us your data and workflow via a support ticket (https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/) and we can notify you on updates on the progress via ticket.

Workaround: Unfortunately, we do not have a workaround, you can continue using FME Desktop 2018.1. You can have multiple FME Desktop installed on the same machine.

Update: The issue is resolved in FME Desktop 2019.2 and 2020.0

Thanks @rahulsharma for the information. I will make a support ticket to be notified when this is fixed. In the meantime I have reinstalled the old version.

Has this issue been resolved in a new release of 2019 yet?

Badge

Has this issue been resolved in a new release of 2019 yet?

Unfortunately still hasn't been solved in 2019.1

Badge

2019.2 has fixed this issue.