Solved

How to style DGN?

• 12 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I want to know in detail about How to style DGN file based on attributes?

What are Cell file and Cell Names?

What is use of seed file and cell file?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 12 September 2017, 22:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @dheeraj,

Has a interesting documentation about Readers and Writers - DGN format and you can find any information aboute cell names, cell file DGN - Readers and Writers.

Do you have any doubt how the use the transformer DGNStyler?

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/23887/dgnstyler-cell-color.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you need to know what they are... a seed file is an existing DGN file that is used like a template. All MicroStation output is created using one of these seed files as a template. Always. The cell file stores cell definitions. Cells are like map symbols for MicroStation. There are lots of different types of cell and it's worth being aware of what different types there are and what you want to use.

So you always need a seed file, but don't always need a cell file (also known as a cell library) unless you are planning to use cells. There are various seed files provided within FME - for 2D or 3D, and for units of either feet or metres. There is also a standard cell library I think, though it doesn't have many cells in.

You set the seed file in a writer parameter (see in the Navigator window). You can also set the cell library there I think, but usually you'd set it in the DGNStyler where you use it. The DGNStyler will apply the cell you specify to any incoming point features.

The DGNStyler also lets you apply line colors and area fill for different geometry types. You can set a different color based on an attribute by selecting the drop-down box to the right of a parameter, and choosing the option Attribute Value.

Anyway, that's the basics. I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @dheeraj,

Has a interesting documentation about Readers and Writers - DGN format and you can find any information aboute cell names, cell file DGN - Readers and Writers.

Do you have any doubt how the use the transformer DGNStyler?

Thanks,

Danilo

@dheeraj

Of particular interest in the Documentation when it comes to controlling/styling the DGN output using attributes check out the 'Feature Representation' section. On the right of the documentation page you will also find sections relating to specific element types. Here you will find even more attributes which discuss in detail how they can be applied.