Solved

Write to SDE Version Issue

• 17 February 2014
  • 2 replies

Dear All,

I am trying to write some features in a versioned featureclass. Instead of writing it directly to the SDE.Default,I have created version in ArcGIS and I have set the FME output to write to that version and I have made sure you have Versioning set as your Transaction Type under Advanced settings.I have Run the FME workspace and it has come up with below error message.  I am not sure why this has come up. Please let me know if you are aware of this.

Error message:   An error occurred while attempting to store a row into the table 'ARCFM.Lamp_LV'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147221230'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

MyComputer

log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Appender named [MinerEventLogAppender] not found.

log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Could not create Appender [Log4NetEventLogAppender] of type [log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender]. Reported error follows.

System.Security.SecurityException: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source)

at log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender.ActivateOptions()

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseAppender(XmlElement appenderElement)

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

MyComputer

log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Appender named [Log4NetEventLogAppender] not found.

An error occurred while attempting to store a row into the table 'ARCFM.Lamp_LV'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147221230'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

icon

Best answer by jon 8 May 2014, 16:13

View original

2 replies

Badge +5
Looks like you are trying to write to an ArcFM database.  You'll need an ArcFM license to write to it.

See this article (http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/Using-FME-to-write-to-ArcFM-Geodatabases).  If you get issues with "Unable to locate component MSVCR90.dll" make sure you have import ArcPy in the script.  It adds sometime to the processing but takes care of the error message.

In the furture you can lookup the error codes using this article (http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/Interpreting-ArcObjects-error-codes).  To convert the error manually you can use these instructions (http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#/ArcObjects_error_codes/0001000002zz000000/).  Your error code is 80040112.

@naveen​  I'm experiencing same issue, did you resolve it? did you install Pythonwin? Thank you! any help is highly appreciated.