Question

dynamic publish parameter in loop

• 11 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

i want to find objects by tracing a route.

But sometimes there are more than one route because of branches and to not get into an endless loop i need to save the ID of the segments which is already used.

I couldn't find a solution to save an attribute value temporary in a loop, so I created a list (in the form of all relevant IDs, comma separated) an for every iteration where a segment with the ID is used, the ID should be deleted in the list.

And because this List counts for every feature, I need something like a (published) parameter, which is dynamic. How can I do this?

thanks,

keough

2 replies

Badge +22

Have you considered using python?

I have a lot of success using the TopologyBuilder (to get edge and node id) and then a PythonCaller using graph theory (Breadth First Search, or Depth First Search) to loop through the dataset.

That said, in pure FME, you can store temporary values using VariableSetter/VariableRetriever combos.
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Ah, I think I see what you need. You want to process a feature and then pass the list back to the next feature. As jdh says, you could use the VariableSetter/Replacer. You could also write the data to a temporary file (AttributeFileWriter) and have the next feature read it back with (AttributeFileReader).

I am interested to know what you're doing in the loop to trace the route. Which transformers are you using?