Question

FME Cloud in Sweden, Datasmith Writer?

Hi there!

Any plans for FME Cloud to be available in the AWS Stockholm region?

Also, Will FME Cloud support the Unreal Datasmith Writer?

4 replies

Badge

Hi @ludvigloven

Regarding the AWS Stockholm region, I would recommend posting this as an idea to allow others to vote for it and add comments: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/post.html

The Unreal Datasmith Writer format is currently only available for Windows 64 bit installations. FME Cloud is running on Linux and therefore this format is not available. I am currently not sure if there are libraries available to implement this on Linux, but feel free to also add an idea for this.

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @ludvigloven​ 

I'm pleased to let you know that Ubuntu support for Unreal Datasmith has been added to FME 2021!

As FME Cloud is running on Ubuntu systems, Cloud users should be able to use the Unreal format in 2021+.

Edit: corrected version supported.

Edit 2: FME 2021 is not currently available on FME Cloud yet (October 21, 2020)

Hi @ludvigloven​ 

I'm pleased to let you know that Ubuntu support for Unreal Datasmith has been added to FME 2021!

As FME Cloud is running on Ubuntu systems, Cloud users should be able to use the Unreal format in 2021+.

Edit: corrected version supported.

Edit 2: FME 2021 is not currently available on FME Cloud yet (October 21, 2020)

Hey @debbiatsafe​ 

I still cannot see Datasmith supported in the format matrix for Either FME Cloud, or the Linux platform. What's the status on this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hey @debbiatsafe​ 

I still cannot see Datasmith supported in the format matrix for Either FME Cloud, or the Linux platform. What's the status on this?

Hi @ludvigloven​ 

Unfortunately, it looks like the information in the formats matrix has not been updated to account for the support added to FME 2021 for the Unreal Datasmith format on the Linux Ubuntu platform. We'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Note the information on this Quick Facts page is correct. I hope this information helps!