Solved

Feature Compare Validation

• 21 February 2018
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Good afternoon all!

I am having a problem with developing a QA/QC process for some CAD data. The ultimate objective is to compare the layers within the CAD files against base layer names located in a spreadsheet (i.e Elevation Contours, Houses, Lights, etc). I think the best way to do this is using Python. I have tried transformers but they only look at the data that is being run. I'm new to FME Python and I'm kinda lost so far. Any assistance would be great!

Thanks!

David

icon

Best answer by danilo_fme 21 February 2018, 19:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @david_prosack88,

If you enable the attribute fme_basename from your CAD files and compare with attributes from Spreadsheet using the transformer FeatureMerger?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hi @david_prosack88,

If you enable the attribute fme_basename from your CAD files and compare with attributes from Spreadsheet using the transformer FeatureMerger?

Thanks,

Danilo

Thanks Danilo! I did try that however it does not list the layers that are missing. For example:

My spreadsheet has - Doors, Roof, Walls, and Windows. The CAD file given to me only has - Doors, Roof, and Windows. Walls are not in the CAD file. I would like that error to be called out.

When I use the FeatureMerger, it provides only the matching ones. Thanks for the quick response!

David
Badge
Thanks Danilo! I did try that however it does not list the layers that are missing. For example:

My spreadsheet has - Doors, Roof, Walls, and Windows. The CAD file given to me only has - Doors, Roof, and Windows. Walls are not in the CAD file. I would like that error to be called out.

When I use the FeatureMerger, it provides only the matching ones. Thanks for the quick response!

David
Actually you were right Danilo! I made some modifications to the comparison mode and it worked perfectly!

Thanks again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Actually you were right Danilo! I made some modifications to the comparison mode and it worked perfectly!

Thanks again!

I'm happy to help you @david_prosack88

:)