Solved

Start and stop workspace deployed on fme server

• 11 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Good morning everyone,

I am relatively new user of Fme Server with a background of GIS deployment related to ArcGIS Server. I have one question. Is it possible in Fme Server to stop one published Workspace and restart the workspace.

I have one deployment and our project is going live. During this phase we do not want that two of our services published on Fme Server connect with database. But we cannot stop our Fme Server as there are other workspaces which we cannot stop. So I am looking for start and start servie feature like ArcGIS Server manager. Is it possible with Fme Server 2014 ?

Thanks for your help

Ayyaz

icon

Best answer by itay 11 January 2017, 15:12

View original

3 replies

Badge +16

HI @ayyaz_paracha, just to be clear, when you say services connect with database do you mean FME workspaces published on Server?, if yes then you can always stop a running workspace via the FME Server UI.

HI @ayyaz_paracha, just to be clear, when you say services connect with database do you mean FME workspaces published on Server?, if yes then you can always stop a running workspace via the FME Server UI.

Hi itay , yes you are right that is exactly what I needed. But can I desactivate the workspace for certain period ? I do not want that someone can launch the workspace during the period of deployment.

Thanks

Badge +16
Hi itay , yes you are right that is exactly what I needed. But can I desactivate the workspace for certain period ? I do not want that someone can launch the workspace during the period of deployment.

Thanks

You could revoke the permission to run these specific workspaces for the time necessary via the administration>security settings, or just delete the workspaces from server and upload them after deployment.