Question

Directory reader on Cloud

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a wokflow that reads PDF files and validates them. The workflow works great on Cloud as well. However the PDF reader doesn't read all PDF files and seems to be dependent on what software they were published in. So if I try to read invalid PDF's there's simply no output.

This is a problem if you want to at least get a list of what files are invalid.

The problem was solved by using a directory reader instead along with a feature reader that reads a list of PDF's. The problem is now that it doesn't work to upload a folder to Cloud in the same drag n drop manner I used before.

Is there an alternative way to know what you can't read?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Somewhat related comment: have you sent in one or more of those unreadable PDF's to Safe's support?

Badge +2
Somewhat related comment: have you sent in one or more of those unreadable PDF's to Safe's support?

redgeographics

No I haven't, but that's a good idea I will do that.

Badge

Hi @j2,

You should be able to use the Directory Watcher on FME Cloud as well. If you upload your files to a folder in the FME Server Shared Resources you can watch that folder for incoming files. I am not sure which kind of upload you mean. Do you use the FME Server WebUI or a custom front end using the Data Upload Service? Folder uploads via the WebUI are only supported in the Chrome browser.

Hope this helps!