Question

Unresolved Xrefs

Badge +4

Hello,

I'm using the AutoCAD Real DWG reader to read in a dwg which contains an XREF.

The xref, (dwg) is in the same folder as the main dwg and resolves when opened in AutoCAD.

The "Read External References" param in the workspace is set to Yes.

When the features enter the workspace the xref has an autocad_xref_status of unresolved.

I use the "Explode Blocks into Entities" param so I can output to DWF and toggling this param has no effect on the xref.

I've changed the path options on the xref in the main dwg; none of which makes a difference.

Looking for ideas on how to overcome this limitation.

Thank you in advance!

Brek

3 replies

Badge +1

HiYa,

A couple of things u can try:

Using Autocad and FME

1. Do u have AutoCad ???

If so, make a copy of the main dwg file in file manager - in case it all goes horribly wrong for u !!!

Open dwg in AutoCad, In Xref dialog box, highlight file, R Click, Bind

Xref now becomes part of the main file

Read 1 x dwg (now containing the old Xref) into FME

Using FME only

2. In FME read in both dwg files - master and the Xref'd file.

Use advanced browser to read in a whole folder of dwg's if required.

CHECK with the FME data inspector - that both files are in the correct XY location........

..........Its possible that within Autocad the Xref was subsequently moved after it was loaded in by whoever created the main dwg file.

If data inspector tells u that the XRef'd file looks like its in the wrong place.......

Use the Offsetter to move the Xref in X and Y after reading it in

Hope this helps

Howard L'

Badge +4

The xref and map DWG are in different locations and I'm having trouble using offsetter to move it.

Message is:

Offsetter(TeeFactory): Offsetter: Offset -- 1st parameter `' is not a floating point number.

For testing purposes, I'm using a Creator with hard coded values, (1000.0, 100.0)

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

The OffSetter transformer take a floating point value for X offset and Y offset.

So to calculate the offset you will need the Arithmetic editor in the AttributeCreator and do the math: