Solved

How to set user parameter value in workflow?

• 14 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I created some user parameters and want to set their values programmatically some time later (when some data is processed). Is this possible? Or I must set their values initially?

icon

Best answer by takashi 14 February 2018, 15:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

FME configures user parameters before starting the translation, and their values cannot be changed in the workflow later.

Badge

Could always break the workbench into two.

One bit is creating the parameters which then is to be passed into the 2nd workbench using the workbench runner

Badge +2

You can work with 2 workspaces. The first one ("The Controler") will be used to set the parameters of the other(s) workspace(s) ("The worker(s)") based on what you want. To trigger a worker, use the WorkspaceRunner transformer in the controler

Badge

FME configures user parameters before starting the translation, and their values cannot be changed in the workflow later.

I fully agree. The function of a parameter is that you simply give it a value for the entire process.

You can work with attribute values instead of parameters if you want to make it more dynamic?

Badge

You can work with 2 workspaces. The first one ("The Controler") will be used to set the parameters of the other(s) workspace(s) ("The worker(s)") based on what you want. To trigger a worker, use the WorkspaceRunner transformer in the controler

Any Ideas, for this related on one?

Badge

user parameters appear they can be deleted tho

Badge +3

@tforward no they cannot be deleted during runtime (in this aplication at least and afaik)

(You can fiddle and add some code to actually do that no doubt.)

@theodolite3

But another possibility is to use environment variables, you can set and read them using fme.

I use that to create user variables by fme and have some batch file proces stuff or and visa versa.