Question

Emailer works in one case but not another

• 12 February 2019
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi,

I have a workspace that performs a few tasks and then sends myself an email reporting the results. One email goes to my internal (corporate) email and it's cc'd to an external one (garbage yahoo account) I use for testing.

I recently added another stream to the workspace and also want an email report for that one. However, I can't get it to send the external message. The second Emailer is duplicated from the original with only a change to the body text. Emailer 1 still sends both. Emailer 2 sends the internal version but not the external.

How can it work in one case and not the other from the same workspace?

Thanks

Notes: I have also tried using a non duplicated Emailer and swapping the To: with the CC.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @bigclyde,

I can't seem to reproduce the same issue. I set up a yahoo account and CC'd to it using the same method, duplicating the Emailer and changing the body text, but I seem to be receiving all the emails I expect to get. I noticed that gmail tends to lump instances of emails from the same sender together as one email entry in the inbox, is it possible that Yahoo did the same and it's below the first email when opened? Or could it have gone into spam?

If that's not it, I've got a few troubleshooting questions:

• would you be able to share your workspace?
  • Are any features rejected in the Emailer transformer?
  • What is your Connection Timeout set to? Can you try making it longer (it is 60 seconds by default), perhaps it is timing out before it sends the CC?
Badge

Hi Jovita,

Apparently it was getting blocked. I can't figure out why - other than maybe it was too similar to the other one. After I made enough changes in the body they both started going through.

Thank you

Clyde