Solved

SDE Connection files fail following an upgrade of ArcMap from 10.4 to 10.5

• 2 March 2018
  • 2 replies

I have tried using the old SDE connection file and created new SDE connections. Both fail when using the FME reader Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb). The following is the error message I receive:

================================

Opening the Geodatabase reader

The ArcObjects license 'Advanced' is being selected from the ESRILicenseInfo ArcObjects call

FME has checked out an Esri license. The product checked out is 'Advanced'

Installed ArcGIS version is '10.4'

Could not open the Enterprise Geodatabase. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147209112'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {FDO error: -2147209112}

Please ensure the connection parameters are correct (server=`gisnas1', instance=`sde:sqlserver:gisnas1', user=`***', password=`***', database=`Cadastral_SDE', version=`sde.DEFAULT')

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'GEODATABASE_SDE' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

UniversalReader -- readSchema resulted in 0 schema features being returned

Reader Parameter(0) = ><Unused><

icon

Best answer by sscholer 5 March 2018, 20:52

View original

2 replies

I solved it by additionally uninstalling ArcGIS Desktop Background Geoprocessing v.10.4 program and installing matching version for ArcMap.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I solved it by additionally uninstalling ArcGIS Desktop Background Geoprocessing v.10.4 program and installing matching version for ArcMap.

Thanks for sharing your solution with us! @sscholer