Question

FME Server 2012 with Smallworld 4.2/ 422 translator - dll missing?

• 21 December 2012
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

We are currently onsite doing a translation.

Smallworld 4.2 (with 422 translators)  with FME SERVER 2012

The translation uses FME.exe and it works with FME Desktop 2012, we tested the same with FME SERVER 2011. But this doesnt work with FME Server 2012.

Is there some special setup? we didnt find any sworldswaf*.dll in FME Server directory.

we renamed the Fmf file.

This is urgent.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
If you are looking specifically for the 4.2.2 dll you would need to get that from the FME Translator install much like you would have to have done for Desktop. What size is the dll that FME Desktop is using?  92kb I believe is the size for the 4.2.2 version. If the dll is larger the it will be the 4.0 or 4.1 delivered with FME and should be there already in FME Server. 

Sorry we didn't see this yesterday!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Futher to my previous comment:

The 4.0 dll (sworldswaf.dll) is 120kb in size while the 4.1 dll is 128kb in size.  These both come with FME Desktop and FME Server.

You mention you don't see these in FME Server.  Make sure you are looking in the following location: <install folder>/FME Server/Server/fme for the sworldswafXX.dll's.
We are using 64 bit 422 have only one version of dll & fmf file when i tried with new version of dll, i get the below error v 2012-12-23 23:24:29| 0.4| 0.0|WARN |DLL 'C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\SWORLDSWAF.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist for this DLL

2012-12-23 23:24:29| 0.4| 0.0|ERROR |This FME edition does not recognize the `SWORLDSWAF' reader. Please ensure that the current platform supports this reader, the reader name is spelled correctly, and that you have installed all required plug-ins

Should we go for the 32 bit version of FME SERVER 2012?
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Yes - 32bit version.  That is most likely the issue here.  You can install Engine's only of a 32bit flavor so that you can have both on hand if there was a reason for going with 64bit in the first place.  The 32bit version of FME supports many more formats... 

Or uninstall FME Server 64bit and Install FME Server 32bit.
Thanks That works. Sorry about late reply...

32bit supports SW4.20