Question

How to Handle GML Multiple Geometries

• 23 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I have a gml dataset with lat long and British National Grid refences within it. All I want is the BNG reference. Which is hte best way to resolve this issue so I only get one set of geometry and not two?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

As far as I can tell, multiple geometries in GML are read as an aggregate feature where each geometry has a separate name. To remove one of those you could try the GeometryPropertyRemover or you could use the Deaggregator to split the data and then discard the part you don't want (probably with a Tester transformer)

I hope that helps. I don't have a sample dataset to try this on but from what I have read I think this will work.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

As far as I can tell, multiple geometries in GML are read as an aggregate feature where each geometry has a separate name. To remove one of those you could try the GeometryPropertyRemover or you could use the Deaggregator to split the data and then discard the part you don't want (probably with a Tester transformer)

I hope that helps. I don't have a sample dataset to try this on but from what I have read I think this will work.

Oh. Also check out the Map Geometry Columns parameter in the GML reader. I'm not altogether sure what it is meant to do, but switching it might help get what you need.

Many thanks didn't know about de-aggregator.

Looking good now