Question

Top values

Badge
Hello,

Think what I want to do is pretty simple but I can't get to the end. 

I need to take a attribute "COMPANY" and figure out the top ten companies and assign 1-10 to each according to the number that is summed up on said company. I need a new column that will designate 1, 2, 3 etc for whatever companies end up being the top ten. Everything after 10 would be nice if I could just make that 11. StatisticsCalculator can get me the top ten but I can't figure out where to go from there. Also doesn't seem (as far as I can currently tell) that I can keep the attribute table after it goes through the calculator. Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more information. 

3 replies

Badge +3
If the column is sortable, you can of course add a counter (use counter transformer) after sorting. That will create a order.

StatCalc can pass attributes trough the "summary". It depends on what you do and want.

GroupBY is a way to do so, but only if the grouping does nto change statistic evaluation (else you end up with a different result).

Also using "complete" and "summary" output, will always pass attributes.
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Yes, it feels like a StatisticsCalculator GROUPED BY the "COMPANY" field and analyzing your NUMBER field is what you'd want. Then take the "Summary" features that come out of that (there shoudl be 1 per company) and sort (Sorter) by whatever attribute you set to hold the SUM.   Then use a counter to assign your ranking.  And one last thing -- an attributecreator that does a Conditional value to set anything > 10 to 11, and leave everything else alone. HOpe this helps.
Badge
Thank you, I was able to get everything worked out!