Question

Saving values from an attribute stored in a point to an attribute of a block type

• 16 April 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

I am looking to convert some points from a shape file into blocks.

So far I managed to convert the points into the block type I want by using dwgstyler, selecting the dwg template and the name of the block.

I also specify the same dwg template in the dwg writer (maybe its unecessary?)

Now what I cant seem to be able to do is:

Those points have an attribute that I would like to save as the label/text attribute the block has.

So ideally for example, point with attribute A value 18 would be saved as a block with attribute B value 18.

Is it possible to save the attribute as an autocad attribute? I have tried searching for that block attribute when i used attributeCreator, or even using attribute exposer, but I can't seem to be able to find it...

Edit - The block has 2 layers, one for the geometry and the other is a text for the attribute.

1 reply

Badge +3

I think you should check whether the text is defined as an attribute in your block definition. If so, you'll just have to set the attribute (using the same name as the attribute name in the block definition).

If not, I think it will be very hard. When you call a block definition, it is the complete bloc, including the pre-defined text. You can add the text as a seperate element into your drawing using a LabelPointReplacer.